Free Shoe Template Download by Ellen Hutson
Who knew you could design such darling shoes from paper?! They're the perfect conversation piece and gift idea (fill them with candy, flowers or a note). Download Ellen Hutson's free template and follow the easy instructions to make your own shoe today!
Paper Shoes by Ellen Hutson. Supplies Cardstock: Memory Box Company; Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; Stamp: Cornish Heritage Farms; Ink: Essential Glue Pad, Tsukineko; Ribbon: Making Memories; Flock: Stampendous!; Embossing folder: Birds and Swirls, Cuttlebug, Provo Craft; Pearls: Kaisercraft; Adhesive: Sticky Strip, Wonder Tape; Dry-embossing stylus: Royal & Langnickel.
Delight Someone with a Paper Shoe
To create your own paper shoe (finished size approximately 6 1/2" long x 4" high x 1 3/4" wide):
1. Download the shoe template.
2. Copy and enlarge template by desired percentage based on shoe size needed.
3. Attach template to cardstock using temporary adhesive.
4. Cut out all individual shoe pieces, following cut lines on template.
5. Score along dotted score line. Tip: Use a dry-embossing stylus for curved lines; place on soft foam pad when scoring curved lines.
6. Clip along back "seam" of shoe, being careful not to clip past score line.
7. Fold each piece along score lines.
8. Apply adhesive along lines as indicated.
9. Assemble in the following order:
A. Attach two shoe body pieces along the back seam.
B. Attach shoe heel base.
C. Attach toe to shoe sole.
D. Attach shoe body to shoe sole front.
E. Attach middle of sole to shoe body.
F. Attach upper sole to shoe body.
10. Embellish as desired. Following are four ideas, or feel free to come up with your own!
* Add texture to your cardstock using Cuttlebug folders.
* Add texture to your cardstock using flock and glitter.
* Add embellishments to the heels, toes and shoe back using pearls, flowers or ribbon.
* Use a combination of patterned papers with solids, or various patterns together.
Tip: Use an adhesive that holds well, such as 1/8" width red-liner tape.
Fill your paper shoe with truffles, flowers or a simple note of appreciation. Present it to a family member or a special friend-or keep it for yourself!
Visit Ellen's website to see her online store, access her blog and see her other amazing creations.
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|