Day 1 Class: Creative Cabins
Whether you've recently called a new place "home" or you know someone else who has, a house is a great inspiration item.
We've Moved by Megan Hoeppner. Supplies Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View; Patterned paper and stickers: American Crafts; Brads: Adornit-Carolee's Creations and Bo-Bunny Press; Fabric: BasicGrey; Craft knife and punches: Fiskars Americas; Pens: EK Success; Adhesive: Glue Arts.
Here's how I put together this whimsical dwelling:
1. Make 5" x 5" card base from cardstock and use a square punch to create upstairs windows.
2. Trim and stitch bit of fabric to make curtains.
3. Trim roof from patterned paper, round the top corners and adhere.
4. Attach brad and adhere cardstock door.
5. Cut window with craft knife.
6. Outline window with a pen, affix stickers and attach brads.
Variation idea: Make a house card to welcome someone to the neighborhood or to congratulate someone on purchasing a new home.
Bonus Idea: If you need to update a lengthy list of contacts about your change of address, consider a photo postcard instead. It's a fast, yet personal way to spread the news. Photo postcard paper is available from Canon.
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|