How well do you know your camping trivia? Our Tuesday quiz put your knowledge to the test. Here are the answers to see how well you scored. The correct answers are in BOLD.
1. How many adults in the U.S. have gone on a camping trip in the last 5 years?
2. Which of the following is not a recommended remedy for poison oak/poison ivy?
- Aloe vera juice
- Boiled pine needles
- Watermelon juice
- Epsom salts
- Catnip juice
3. Which side of a tree does moss grow on?
- East side
- Southwest side
- West side
- North side
- South side
4. Which of the following is NOT appropriate when building a campfire?
- Pack logs tightly together for maximum burning
- Keep the fire at least 10 feet away from flammable items
- Create kindling from newspaper or dry plant material (i.e., leaves)
- Place young leaves in for more smoke as a bug repellent
- Light the fire by rubbing two sticks together, or use a match or lighter