Make a Fabulous Spot for Journaling
Journaling blocks on scrapbook pages don't have to be set apart from the background of your layout. You can create a stunning journaling area by masking off a shape and then coloring around it, like Lisa Truesdell did on this layout.
1-2-3 by Lisa Truesdell, as seen in the January 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes.
Here's how to achieve the look yourself:
1. Create background using paper strips.
2. Cut heart from scratch paper. Use temporary adhesive to hold in place on layout.
3. Color background using spray mist or another color medium. Remove scratch paper.
4. Stitch over border between colored and non-colored areas.
5. Journal in non-colored area.
The contrast between the colored area and the non-colored area helps your journaling pop and lets your story stand out on your layout.
Free Download: Journaling Spots
In addition to creating your own journaling spots, you can also download a set of fabulous journaling spots created for you by the Creating Keepsakes designers.
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|