Journaling Solutions: July/August 2011
It's time to scrapbook summertime as the world around us buzzes with unique sounds-birds chirp and tweet in the trees; ice plops into fizzy drinks while steaks sizzle on the grill; children zoom out the backdoor, letting the screen slam behind them with a clank. As you're scrapbooking your July and August memories, think of the sounds you heard. Let our journaling tips and quotes help get you started.
* Crash! Kaboom! Toot-toot! List the sounds your children make while they play cars, trains, or other toys.
* Bark, purr, chirp, moo, growl. Write about the noises your pet makes, or that you hear on a visit to a farm or the zoo.
* Buzz, whirr, hum. Write about the sounds you hear around your house on a summery Saturday morning.
* Crackle, crunch, munch, slurp. Describe the sounds you hear at a picnic or backyard barbeque.
* "Splish splash, I was taking a bath." -"Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin and Jean Murray
* "So munch on, crunch on, take your nuncheon, Breakfast, supper, dinner, luncheon!" -Robert Browning
* "I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles, I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles." - "I Love Paris" by Cole Porter
* "Drip, drip, drop, little April shower, beating a tune as you fall all around." - "Little April Shower" from Walt Disney's Bambi, by Frank Churchill and Larry Morey
* Splish-Splashing in the Pool
* Sizzling Summer Days
* We're All Atwitter About . . .
* Roar, Hiss, Moo, We Went to the Zoo
Download a PDF of these framed quotes to use on your scrapbook page.
Download a PNG of these framed quotes to use on your digital layout.
|You might also like...|
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|