Get Involved in a Good Cause
Do you have a favorite charity or a cause you are passionate about? Have you wanted to get involved in a good cause but don’t know where to start? Here are some websites to help you get started. To see more examples of Creating Keepsakes readers who give back to the community through scrapbooking, see the “Scrapbookers Making a Difference” article in the February 2009 issue.
* Look up a charity to see the facts about it before giving at CharityNavigator.org.
* Already shopping online? Let part of the proceeds go to your favorite charity through iGive.com.
* Search the Internet and help your cause at the same time with GoodSearch.com.
* Provide support for those going through chemotherapy—Chemo Angels will match you to an anonymous patient with whom you can send cards of support.
* Help make cards for our military troops—find details at CardsForHeroes.org.
* Get involved in charitable crops for a cause through Scrapbook Royalty.
Know of a great site where scrapbookers are involved in a great cause? E-mail us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “good cause” in the subject line. We will update our site every few weeks.
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|