STEP 2: CREATE A DESIGN
- Create a collage-style design and include multiple photos to tell a story, or enlarge a single photo and allow it to stand alone and captivate your recepient.
- While digital photo cards are popular because they're easy to duplicate, you might have someone who deserves something a little extra special. However, there's no need to start from scratch! Use your digital design and adapt it to create a handmade traditional card, like I did with the card below.
Merry and Bright card by Deena Wuest. As seen in the December 2009 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine
- When arranging your photo on the card, don't forget to crop in tight to eliminate background clutter and keep the focus on your subject's expression.
- Remember holiday cards aren't restricted to just red and green. Have a favorite color combination? Use it. If colors from your photos clash, just convert them to black and white. Converting them not only creates a timeless look, it places the focus of the photo on the emotion instead of the color.
- MAKE IT EVEN EASIER and use one of the many online print companies that offer pre-made photo card designs or customize your own with a downloadable digital template. Click here to download this free digital holiday card template today! Note: You will need Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to use the download.
See more ideas on the next page.