Creating Keepsakes Shares Easy-To-Make Halloween Home Décor
Creating Keepsakes creative editor and Studio 5 contributor Megan Hoeppner shows how to use recycled book pages, or old sheet music to make your own paper cone wreaths. Plus, take inspiration from a Studio 5 bonus idea: the paper cone pom!
Looking for an easy-to-make home décor idea? Here are a few ideas that will get your creativity on a roll! I created this wreath from recycled music paper, a little spray ink, a doily, and some patterned paper from Making Memories.
Here’s how to create a cone wreath:
1. Cut squares from your paper(s) of choice. For this wreath, I cut 6″ x 6″ squares. Turn squares into cones by forming a point and gluing in place with a liquid adhesive.
2. Fold your squares into a cone shape, forming a point at one end, and glue the cone into place with a liquid adhesive.
3. Glue your cones together, and a wreath shape will naturally start to form.
4. Give your wreath structure by adhering a piece of cardboard to the back.
5. Dress up the center of your wreath. I used some tulle, a spray-misted doily, an accordion flower, and a rhinestone.
Why stop at Halloween when you can easily modify this design for any holiday or season? What a treat!
For another variation idea, check out my blog, where I share a wreath I made from dictionary paper.
|You might also like...|
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|