Create Custom Fabric for Scrapbook Layouts
If you love using your computer for scrapbooking, this fabri-filled technique is for you! Add custom texture to your digital paper designs by printing them on canvas or other fabric, as Deena Wuest did to create the photo mat shown here.
A Million X by Deena Wuest, as seen in Scrapbooking with Fabric & Notions, page 55.
1. Open your photo-editing software and use the Rectangle Tool to create a box the size of your desired frame.
2. Open patterned paper and drag the image on top of your box.
3. In the Layers palette, clip the paper to the box by right clicking on the paper layer and select Create Clipping Mask. Tip: If you use a clipping mask instead of just cropping your paper, you can reposition your paper to compose the desired image...and reposition if you change your mind.
2. Cut a swatch of canvas a little larger than your digital image. Apply sheet adhesive to the back of the canvas and adhere to a piece of cardstock (to help it run through the printer).
3. Print the image making sure to select the highest print quality in your printers setting options. Trim and use on your page.
Once you have this simple technique down, you can create all sorts of wonderful, artistic projects, that even include home decor.
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|