Camp Getaway 2013 Official Rules
2013 CK Summer Camp Getaway
1. The 2013 CK Summer Camp Getaway ("Contest") is open to participants living worldwide, including contributors to Creating Keepsakes magazine and winners of previous contests sponsored by Creating Keepsakes magazine. A grand prize Winner living outside the U.S. is responsible for the airfare and transfer costs to a U.S. city if the grand prize is claimed. Entrants under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian's permission to enter this Contest.
By entering the Contest, entrants (and if under age 18, their parents/legal guardians) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these official rules ("Official Rules"). This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Employees of Creating Keepsakes magazine ("Sponsor" or "Creating Keepsakes"), Creative Crafts Group, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Creative Crafts Group"), their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter. The Contest begins 7/15/13 8:00 AM MT and ends 7/19/13 at midnight MT.
2. Contestants must submit at least one project for each merit badge to the designated Flickr gallery by midnight MT on 7/19/13 to be eligible for drawing. There will be one grand prize winner.
3. The entrant must be the author of all entries submitted, except as otherwise provided. Entries must also be original to the author and exclusive of any material created by a third party or otherwise aided by a third party. However, photographs taken by someone other than the entrant may be used if clearly marked with the following statement next to the Entry: "Photo(s) not taken by entrant." All photo editing must be work that is original to the entrant.
Winner will be notified on the Creating Keepsake magazine web site www.creatingkeepsakes.com and/or blog www.creatingkeepsakesblog.com on 7/24/13. To obtain a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after 6/28/13 to Creating Keepsakes magazine, CK Summer Camp 2013 Winner Request, 14850 Pony Express Road, Suite 200, Bluffdale, UT 84065.
4. All entries and requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, or any portion thereof. Entry constitutes permission to use the Winners' name, picture, likeness, entry, or any portion thereof, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
Submission of entry constitutes entrant's consent (or that of their parent/legal guardian) to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The entrant represents and warrants that he/she holds the necessary rights to irrevocably assign all rights in the entry, including necessary rights related to copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, music, images or other proprietary or property right, or any other right of any person or entity and that the entry does not infringe on any third-party rights. (DO NOT COPY THE WORKS OF OTHERS OR INCLUDE OTHER PERSONS OR THEIR PROPERTY IN YOUR ENTRY WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING THEIR WRITTEN CONSENT.) Submission of any entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify Creating Keepsakes and Creative Crafts Group (collectively, "CK") and shall defend CK against, and hold CK harmless from, all claims, liabilities and obligations (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) ("Claims") brought by a third party against CK arising out of the infringement or misappropriation of any copyrights, trade secrets, or trademarks of any third party. CK agrees to provide entrant with prompt written notice upon becoming aware of any such claim. Entrant shall undertake and conduct the defense of any such claim and CK shall reasonably cooperate with entrant in the defense of such claim. Entrant shall reimburse CK for all reasonable out-of-pocket costs incurred by CK in connection with such cooperation. CK shall have the right to participate in any action at its own expense.
5. The Winner (or the parent/guardian if Winner is a minor) will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, compliance with Contest rules and release of liability. Winner will also be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement, if applicable, until their names and entries are released to the public by Creating Keepsakes.
6. All entrants release Sponsors, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, representatives, successors, assigns, licensees, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind, including any personal injury, death, loss or damage of any kind or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of the Prize awarded whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Use of Sponsor's web site is at entrant's own risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to entrant's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Sponsor's website or the download of any information from Sponsor's website.
Entrant further agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States, are hereby expressly waived. That section, in pertinent part, provides: "A general release does not extend to claims which the Creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of the executing of this release, which if known by him must materially affect his settlement with the debtor." Any dispute shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action.
7. Prize must be claimed by 8/07/13. Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of postmark, or return of notification or Prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of Prize. An alternate potential winner may be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winner.
8. U.S. entrants:
(i) If you are a legal resident in the United States and are under the applicable age of majority, then your parent or legal guardian must also print their name and sign the back of each submission below your signature. They will also be required to provide parental permission and releases on your behalf. U.S. Winners (or the parent/guardian if a minor) will be required to execute an affidavit attesting to entry eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and release of liability as may be applicable.
9. Online entries for all merit badge challenges must be posted in the assigned Creating Keepsakes gallery no later than 11:59 p.m. MDT on Friday, 7/19/13. Any entries not received as outlined above will not be eligible for the CK Summer Camp 2013 Contest (no exceptions). Creating Keepsakes cannot accept late entries due to technical errors or power outages.
10. Entries that do not follow the prescribed entry requirement or that do not follow the Official Rules will automatically be disqualified from the CK Summer Camp 2013 Contest, although the entries may be eligible for use by Creating Keepsakes in its publications. Disqualified Winners will be required to return the Winner's Prize Package to Sponsor and give up all rights as a Winner, including the opportunity to be published in Creating Keepsakes magazine. In the event that a winning entrant is disqualified after the announcement of Winners is made, his or her position as a winner may not be filled, at Creating Keepsakes' sole discretion.
11. The Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of Utah.
The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is Creating Keepsakes, whose address is 14850 Pony Express Road, Bluffdale, UT 84065.