Birthday Sweepstakes Rules
1. Creating Keepsakes magazine ("Sponsor") is offering the Birthday Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"). No purchase necessary. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
2. Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec). Employees of Sponsor and Prize Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter.
3. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M., Eastern Standard Time on June 30, 2011.
4. To enter, visit CreatingKeepsakes.com, click on the Contest tab>Birthday Sweepstakes and fill out the required entry form. Individuals may enter this sweepstakes by filling out the online form only once. More than one entry from for any person or e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address. Incomplete entries are not eligible. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, which are final. All entries and requests become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. A potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from all entries received on or before the entry deadline as listed above. The prizewinner will be selected by random drawing from all entries on or about July 7, 2011. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by phone or e-mail on or about July 14, 2011. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from entries received.
6. Entry deadline is June 30, 2011. Number of prizes:2. Total approximate retail value per prize is$144. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated items and none will be replaced. The prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event a prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected at random from entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from entries received.
Entry constitutes permission to use the winner's name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without further consideration and for no additional compensation. The winner (or the parent/guardian if winner is a minor) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Compliance with Sweepstakes Rules and Release of Liability. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
All entrants release Sponsor, their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this sweepstakes, from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
8. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the E-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an E-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning E-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted E-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the E-mail address associated with the winning entry.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any E-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is Creating Keepsakes, whose address is 14850 Pony Express Road, Suite 200, Bluffdale, UT 84065.
|You might also like...|
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|