Amazing Pages Digital Brush Technique
April Massad used Photoshop Elements to create a fun layered look using a digital brush. To create this fun effect, follow these steps:
1. Open a new Photoshop Elements Document. Select the type tool and type your title on your page and position it where you would like.
2. Select the brush tool and load a digital brush. Create a new layer by pressing Ctrl+n. Stamp your brush on the left and right side of your document. Name this layer "Brush Layer 1".
3. Duplicate the layer by going to Layer > Duplicate Layer. Name this layer "Brush Layer 2".
4. Click on your "Brush Layer 1" layer in the Layers Palette and open your photos. Drag the photos down onto your page in the Project Bin. Be sure the photos are placed between the "Brush Layer 1" and "Brush Layer 2" layers in the Layers Palette.
5. Hide the "Brush Layer 2" and photo layers by clicking on the eyeball icons to the left of the layers. (You should now see only your title and your "Brush Layer 1" layers on your page.) Load your cardstock into your printer and print your document.
6. Click on the eyeball icons to the left of the "Brush Layer 2" and photo layers to show the layers. Hide the "Brush Layer 1" and the layer with your title by clicking on the eyeball icons to the left of the layers. (You should now see only your photos and the "Brush Layer 2" layers on your page."
7. Load photo paper in your printer and print the document. Trim the photos and mount them on your cardstock with dimensional adhesive.
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|