September Lessons Learned Scrapbook Page
If you're like me, just the word "September" evokes memories of backpacks, No. 2 pencils and crisp, red apples. Your September scrapbook page for your album-in-a-year can be about education, back-to-school, or about the lessons you've learned.
Lessons Learned by Amanda Probst. Originally appeared in the September 2008 issue of Creating Keepsakes.
Whether you're packing kids off to school, enjoying retirement or in class yourself, you're bound to learn something this month. (Education is sneaky like that.) If you pay attention to those opportunities and collect them, I promise you'll find yourself with a nice little month-in-review layout. You might even unearth something new while listing those discoveries. So, what lessons did you learn this month?
1. Cut one 12" x 12" sheet of lace cardstock so that you end with one 5" x 12" piece and one 7" x 12" piece. Adhere to green background cardstock on outside edges. (I simply taped down the portion that will be covered . . . the rest is loose and held in place by the page protector.)
2. Cut two pieces of red cardstock to 10" x 8". Adhere to background pages, centered vertically (2" from the top and the bottom) and flush to the center of the layout.
3. Select and print five 4" x 6" photos (three vertical, two horizontal). Position on layout as shown (1" from the top and the bottom of the layout) and adhere.
4. Print title block on tan cardstock and trim to 8" x 3". Cut piece of tan cardstock to 6" x 1.5". Position on the left-hand page as shown and adhere.
5. Add twill ribbon directly below the tan cardstock block and the title block.
6. Write your journaling on tags or labels and adhere. I used premade labels and hand-wrote my journaling, then adhered the labels to the layout, using foam squares for dimension. Feel free to create your own journaling blocks by printing journaling on the computer.
7. If desired, finish off the layout by adding a pen outline and adhering a photo corner (mine says the name of the month) to the red cardstock on the right-hand page.
Download and print this month's title block. I printed it on tan cardstock using a colored printer.
Check out sketches and journaling prompts for a September layout on the next page.
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|