10-Minute Tricks: 10 Stitching Techniques
Give your scrapbook layouts a handmade touch using these ten, 10-minute stitching techniques on your pages!
1. Create faux staples using small straight stitches to dress up label stickers.
2. Machine stitch an accent that reinforces your layout theme.
3. Create a photo grid using simple, long stitches to help define your photos.
4. Stitch a border around your page to help keep the viewer's eye on your focal point.
5. Add fun texture with groupings of tiny French knots.
6. Fill a hand-drawn accent with stitching, and pop it up for added dimension.
7. Anchor a photo using small cross stitches to add a homespun feel.
8. Make your own lined-paper journaling spot by stitching over pre-drawn lines with your sewing machine.
9. Stitch over a pre-drawn or pre-printed title using thread or twine.
10. Wrap a small chipboard letter with thread, floss, or twine for a handcrafted look.
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|